Monday, January 31, 2011

Good Eats

My home workouts have not been good the last few days! Non-existant actually. So, if they don't exist, they can't really be bad right? Ugh!

I worked out hard at the gym last week then had a few busy days at home where I didn't make the effort to fit in a workout. Now it's Monday and I did something to my neck and I'm not sure I should try to workout. I don't want to hurt it worse. Don't get me wrong, I am not a wimp, but I have issues with my spine and when it's out of alignment I need to either put it back in place myself or see my physical therapist. I usually can't do much with my neck myself. I need to come up with a workout that I can do at home that will still challenge me but won't tax my neck at all. So I probably won't want to lift weights, or do any crazy jumping around. Here's what I've got so far:


5 one minute planks
100 bridges
lunges: stationary lunges and walking lunges

Food today has been GOOD! Delicious and healthy:

1. Green monster smoothie for breakfast. Made mine with 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk, 1 scoop Dymatize chocolate whey, 2 huge handfuls of spinach, a banana. All whipped up in the Vitamix.

2. Before running off to take the girls swimming I knew I needed something quick but protein loaded to keep me full so I mixed up some "eggs and oats" in the microwave. This recipe is from my friend Kim who does fitness shows and looks amazing.
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup egg whites
1 packet of Truvia
Cook in the microwave for about 2 minutes so whites are fully cooked. I add a little sugar free maple syrup after cooking.

3. Had about 1/3 of a red pepper with artichoke hummus while I made the girls lunch. Was going to have the whole pepper but my 4 year old ate most of it.

4. Stuffed salmon. Found these in the freezer. Bought at Costco. These are delicious. They are stuffed with more seafood/brown rice mixture. I mostly eat the salmon with a little of the stuffing part. I probably won't buy these again as they are farmed salmon, not wild.

Not sure what meal number 5 will be. After the salmon I won't be hungry for awhile but will want to get more protein in for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment