Sunday, January 16, 2011

Workout Wherever You Can

My original intention in creating this blog was to share the workouts that I end up doing at home most days. Lately, I've been able to make it to the gym quite a bit. So, let's just workout wherever and whenever we can get it in!

I've been doing spinning classes a lot lately, which I love. One hour on the bike, riding hard, hills, pushing myself, gobs of sweat, love everything about it. I made it twice this week. My first love though, is lifting weights. I just love that strong feeling I get from lifting heavy and hard. The "heavy" part is relative, as we are all different shapes and sizes. I like to challenge myself and push myself, enough so that I get a good sweat on when I'm lifting.

My Saturday workout was:

20 minutes on the treadmill. Half of that was at a 15% incline. Love doing that. I really feel it in my glutes and I feel like I'm pushing myself. My speed at that incline is anywhere from 2.5 mph to 2.9 mph. I'm working up to faster.

After that, I worked legs, did some chest and a bit of abs:

Hanging leg raises 3 sets of 8 - 10
Hammer Strength Incline Press, 3 sets of 10 - 12
bench press 3 sets of 12 - 15
Cable kickbacks, side kicks for outer thigh, and inner thigh. Did about three sets of these on each side, with extra reps on my left leg as it is less strong than my right.

I had worked legs on Thursday, hence the short leg workout. I wanted to try my new ankle torture device I bought to do these:



Love this exercise! I haven't done it in awhile because my gym doesn't have the ankle wraps so I had to buy my own, lame yes? Other than that I am pretty happy with my gym. Brooke likes the daycare, which makes my life easier, and is the reason I've been able to go so much lately.

At home, I ended up doing 5 one minute planks, and foam rolling later in the day. I have back issues and foam rolling has helped a lot. I had planned to do pushups at home as well, but sometimes that sweet life gets in the way! Have to go with the flow people.

How was your workout today?

2 comments:

  1. "How was my workout today?" Well, it hasn't started, but you've inspired me. Have you done any workouts with medicine balls?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paula, I have one but haven't used it much. You may have just inspired me to come up with something though! Stay tuned...

    ReplyDelete